- Day 1: Juneau
- We flew to Juneau early in the morning. We rented a car and
drove to Mendenhall Glacier, just outside of town. In the evening we walked
- Days 2-7: Glacier Bay
- The next morning, we went to the airport to board a small
plane for Gustavus, where our cruise started. We spent 6 days on a small
(34 passenger) ship, visiting Glacier Bay and Icy Strait. We spent most of
each day in kayaks or walking near the shore.
- Day 8
- Our cruise ended at Juneau, where we spent the night before
flying to Anchorage the next morning. From Anchorage, we drove to Denali
National Park. We spent the night just outside the park.
- Days 9-12: Denali
- In the morning, we saw the sled dog demontration in the
park. Then we got on the bus for the 8 hour trip through the park to
Denali Backcountry Lodge, at the end of the park road. We stopped along
the way for sightings of caribou, moose, bears, and spectacular views.
- Days 12-15: Seward
- After another long bus trip to leave the park, we drove
south to Seward. While there, we took a cruise to Kenai Fjords National
Park, visited Exit Glacier (Paul climbed to the top to see Harding Ice
Field), and went to the new Sea Life Center. On our way back to Anchorage
to catch our late night flight, we stopped to see a bore tide come up